What are course representatives?
Our dedicated course representatives act as the liaison between the HWPA members and the racecourses. They are the contact point for any issues regarding facilities or the working environment for press, photographers and broadcasters and actively seek to improve the experience.
Get in touch with a member by selecting the appropriate racecourse and following the contact link added.
What we expect?
- Should be conveniently located for paddock and unsaddling area/winner’s enclosure and
race viewing (separate raised viewing area should be provided if media area does not
- Effective and appropriate security measures controlling access to/from public areas.
- Sufficient work stations, with appropriate and usable furniture.
- Sufficient power points, situated throughout the work area.
- Every press room should have at least two televisions with access to RTV/Sky Sports Racing.
- Refreshments should include sandwiches, tea, coffee and water, with vegetarian options.
- Hot food is appreciated as is seasonal variation.
- Easy access to toilet facilities.
- Convenient parking facilities, with separate areas for TV and radio outside broadcast vehicles as appropriate.
- Space for ITV Racing pre-race meetings/briefings.
- Complimentary access to high-speed wireless internet connection (WiFi).
Representatives in full
|Aintree||David Carr/Tracy Roberts|
|Ascot||Jack Keene/Bill Selwyn|
|Ayr||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|Cartmel||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|Cheltenham||Bill Selwyn/James Stevens|
|Ffos Las||James Stevens|
|Hamilton||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|Haydock||Tracy Roberts/David Carr|
|Hexham||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|Kelso||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|Market Rasen||David Carr|
|Newton Abbot||James Stevens|
|Perth||Tracy Roberts/Louise Pollard|
|York||David Carr/Louise Pollard|